U.S. Visa: Apply For Your U.S. Visa Now! (DS-160)


If your old passport has expired but your U.S. visa is still valid and undamaged, you can travel to the United States with both your expired and new passports, given they are from the same country and the visa matches your purpose of travel. Upon arrival, the Customs and Border Protection Officer will stamp your new passport with the admission stamp and annotate "VIOPP" (visa in another passport). Do not attempt to transfer the visa to your new passport; it will invalidate the visa.

If your visa expires while you're in the United States, it's not a problem as long as you were admitted for a specific period. Your authorized stay is documented on your admission stamp or Form I-94. Even if your visa expires during your stay, you can remain in the U.S. as long as your authorized period of stay has not expired.

Indefinite validity visas, also known as Burroughs Visas, became void on April 1, 2004. If you have one, you need to apply for a new visa if you plan to travel to the U.S.

If your name has legally changed, obtain a new passport and apply for a new U.S. visa. This ensures smooth travel to and from the United States.

MRV fee or the U.S. Visa application fee that is paid to the U.S. government is non-refundable. Whether your application is approved or denied, the fee covers the processing costs. If your application is refused, you must pay the fee again if you choose to reapply.

When renewing your visa, you generally have to go through the entire application process again, even if your current visa is still valid. Some exceptions might apply.

Having a visa does not guarantee entry into the U.S. Entry is determined by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection immigration inspector at the port of entry.

If your passport with the visa is lost or stolen, replace them immediately to travel to the U.S.

If your visa is damaged, you must reapply for a new visa.

All applicants, including children, must pay the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee as part of their U.S. visa application process. This fee, mandated by the U.S. government, is applicable regardless of whether a visa is granted or not. Please note that the MRV fee is non-refundable and cannot be transferred.

The MRV fee is a separate charge and is not included in the price for our review, processing, support, and concierge services. To schedule and attend your Embassy interview, you will need to pay this fee. Your personal assistant will provide assistance by offering all necessary information and aiding you in scheduling your interview for the
earliest available date.

The B1 visa is designated as a business visa for temporary visits to the United States. Consequently, holders of this visa are prohibited from engaging in permanent employment or long-term work in the U.S. Under this visa category, individuals are allowed to participate in activities such as attending conferences, negotiating contracts,
settling estates, or consulting with business associates. If you intend to seek employment opportunities, you must apply for a different visa, demonstrating that your initial plan did not involve finding a job in the United States and that unexpected circumstances led to this pursuit.

Expedited visa appointments are available under specific circumstances:

1. Emergency Situations: Immediate travel due to a relative’s death, grave illness, or life-threatening accident in the United States. Documentation including names, relationships, locations, descriptions of the situation, and contact information for attending physicians or funeral homes is required.

2. Urgent Medical Treatment: You or your minor child require urgent medical care.

3. Student or Exchange Visitor: If you hold an F/M/J visa and your I-20 or DS-2019 indicates an earlier start date than the first available visa appointment.

4. Business Meetings/Conferences: Urgent business meetings or conferences scheduled within 10 days after the initial visa appointment.

5. Significant Visits: Unforeseen visits of significant cultural, political, journalistic, sporting, or economic importance within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.

6. ESTA Denial: Citizens of Visa Waiver Program countries with denied ESTA applications.

If you need to extend your stay beyond the validity of your visitor visa, it is imperative to apply for an extension before your visa expires. Overstaying can lead to the denial of future visas and potential deportation from the United States.

Scroll to Top